Thursday, March 28, 2024

On My List: Elsbeth TV Series

I love finding new shows, I just watched the first episode of the TV series Elsbeth. Yes, it's another procedural but I really enjoyed this first episode. Apparently, the show premiered back on Thursday, February 29th on CBS. But lucky for me that I just watched it because I would have been rather disappointed having to wait for over a month until the second episode aired. The second and third episodes will air back-to-back on Thursday, April 4th starting at 9:00 PM EST.

Anyway, the show follows quirky lawyer Elsbeth Tascioni who moved to New York City for a new job that involves monitoring the police. But it mainly feels like this is a new opportunity for her to pick up on clues and solve mysteries. Which worked in her favor for the first episode which centered around the mystery of a theater student's death. I love how she put together the clues and centered on her suspect despite getting a little pushback from the police and detectives trying to solve the case.


I'm really glad I was looking for something to watch and found this show because I ended it totally enjoying it. Although I've seen plenty of quirky characters (there's never too many), I found both Elsbeth and the show to be interesting. I want to know more about her and the rest of the characters. Apparently, Elsbeth appeared on both The Good Wife and The Good Fight. But since I've never watched one episode of either of those shows, I'm just going by what I've seen of her from the first episode of this show. And I think she's a smart and fun character that's an absolute delight to watch solve mysteries.

No comments: