Thursday, July 11, 2024

On My List: July 11th

Happy Thursday!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing? I thought I would post a mini On My List.

Reading:

I forgot to post that I finished my 30 Day Reading Challenge on Saturday (July 6th). During those 30 days I not only read From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon but also five reference books (that I need to have read). I finished one of the reference books and I'm nearly finished with From Twinkle, With Love (I'll have the review up soon).

One of the reasons, why I wanted to do the challenge was to help with my reading. It had become so bad and I was constantly getting reader's block. I think the challenge helped because I was reading daily. I'm trying to continue that but I'm okay taking a break for a day or two as long as I continue with my almost daily reading. My reading is still not like it used to be but it's better than it was. And I at least like where it's currently at.

Aside from my daily reading, I did buy two new Young Adult books: Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry by Joya Goffney and A Novel Idea by Aimee Friedman. I'll post those at another time.


Watching:

TV

For some of my regular Book Girl readers, this might be a surprise...I finally started watching Bones. I know can you believe it. I've had the complete series sitting on my shelf so long that I don't even remember when I bought it. And for so long, I kept saying I was going to watch Bones but I had never seemed to get around to watching it. That is until now. I'm on the first season and so far, I've watched the first eight episodes. Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan and F.B.I. Special Agent Seeley Booth are an interesting duo and so are the cases they investigate. Along with Dr. "Bones" Brennan, I think the other scientists are just so quirky and weird and smart but I like them all. I can't wait to continue watching this series, I'm really enjoying it. I'm not mad, I didn't start watching it earlier but I am happy I'm watching it now.

Another show that I've been watching is the classic 1980's series Cagney & Lacey. I'm on the second season and I've been really enjoying this show. It follows NYC Police Detectives Mary Beth Lacey and Christine "Chris" Cagney as they investigate various cases and deal with their personal lives. What I found interesting about this show is that the first season had actress Meg Foster playing Cagney. The role was recast with actress Sharon Gless for the second season. Both actresses portrayed the character as sort of tough, rough around the edges and tomboyish, so at least that was kept that the same despite the change.

Well, I just wanted to post a mini On My List to let you know what I've been reading and watching. What are you reading and watching?

No comments: