Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Fandom Thoughts #5: Carlos Reyes' New Job (9-1-1: Lone Star)


I have quite a few thoughts about Carlos Reyes' new job as a Texas Ranger in the upcoming fifth season of 9-1-1: Lone Star. From looking at the new pictures (below), Carlos' new uniform is clearly shown and I guess it's a little jarring to see. Because in the episode Best of Men (season 4 episode 17), Carlos (who was a Police Officer) said he didn't want to be a Texas Ranger. Carlos' father Gabriel (who was either a Captain or Major in the Texas Rangers) had went to Carlos and T.K. Strand's apartment to tell his son that Assistant Chief Bridges had offered Carlos a job with the Texas Rangers. However, Carlos turned the offer down.

I guess, Carlos changed his mind after his father was murdered in the episode Best of Men. The fourth season ended without a suspect being found or arrested, hopefully the investigation will continue in the fifth season. I can't imagine the writers would leave Gabriel's murder unsolved. As for his new job, maybe Carlos is trying to honor his father while also advancing his career. I just hope he took this job for himself and not just in honor of his dad.

I guess I thought that whenever the Showrunner and writers wanted Carlos to advance his career he would have become a Police Detective. He's really good at investigating and there were various scenes throughout the series, that seemed to hint or making it seem as if Carlos would eventually become a Detective. He was definitely encouraged by Police Detective Sarina Washington to take the Detective exam because she saw his potential and how good he was at finding and following clues in solving cases. But I guess in the end, the writers decided to make him a Texas Ranger instead.

It will be interesting to see how Carlos does in his new job. I wonder if there will be any weird transition going from being a Police Officer to being a Texas Ranger? I guess, I'll see when the show returns, the fifth season of 9-1-1: Lone Star will premiere Monday, September 23rd at 8:00 PM EST on FOX.

Photo credit: Entertainment Weekly

No comments: