Friday, August 7, 2026

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #56: Eddie and Chris (9-1-1) and Aisha, Adam and Rocky (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)


Happy Friday! I just two fandom thoughts today:

- I just love that Edmundo "Eddie" and Christopher Diaz have movie nights like they were having in the 9-1-1 episode Going Once, Going Twice (season 9 episode 11). And they have all of their snacks sitting on the coffee table. Since, the scene and the original picture was a little too dark to see their snacks, I lightened it up. You can see that they have bowls of popcorn, pop and a big container of twisted candy.

i think it's cool that Eddie doesn't have a problem with Chris having a little junk food. In the episode Animal Instincts (season 6 episode 4), there was a scene where Eddie and Chris were putting away their groceries. And I noticed that there were various fruit and veggies among their newly purchased groceries. As well as there already was a big bowl of fruit on the kitchen counter. My point is that Eddie could have easily put out a bunch of healthy snacks for them to eat while they watched their movies but he went with a little bit of junk food.

(9-1-1 season 9 episode 11: Going Once, Going Twice)



- In Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, it's still disappointing that the original rangers Zack Taylor (Black Ranger), Trini Kwan (Yellow Ranger) and Jason Lee Scott (Red Ranger) left the show. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much I actually liked their replacements Adam Park (Black Ranger), Aisha Campbell (Yellow Ranger) and Robert "Rocky" DeSantos (Red Ranger). I thought they were a wonderful addition to the show. Sometimes when a show replaces characters, the new ones aren't as interesting as the former ones were but Aisha, Adam and Rocky were. They each had interesting personalities and interests that went well with the remaining characters Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger), Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger) and Tommy Oliver (White Ranger).

(Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season 2 episode 34: Where There's Smoke, There's Fire)

No comments: