Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 1 Review for my Amy Adams 4-day-4-movie marathon: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

My day 1 movie review for my Amy Adams 4-day-4-movie marathon:

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day


Rating: 5 stars

I simply adored it. It was refreshing to watch, I felt like I was watching one of those old Hollywood classics. It was funny and romantic and may easily become one of my favorites.

The movie was about a down on her luck governess (Frances McDormand) who ended up getting a job with a flighty actress (Amy Adams). I regret that I didn't watch this until now, because I just thought this was wonderful. An old Hollywood fairy tale.

I thought Frances McDormand as the prim and proper Miss Pettigrew was fantastic and Amy Adams was simply charming as the ditzy actress, Delysia Lafosse. I thought the acting of the entire cast was spot on. I also love Delysia's wardrobe and the retro home décor in her apartment.


This movie is an adaptation of the same titled novel. I might have to add that to my wish list as well. I would love to read it.

Tomorrow, I will be watching Julie & Julia.

No comments: