Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2 review for my Amy Adams 4-day-4-movie marathon: Julie & Julia


Rating: 5 stars

Julie & Julia is such an amazing film. The movie focuses on the lives of both Julia Child (Meryl Streep) and Julie Powell (Amy Adams). I thought this was a very well written, very well acted master piece. There is so much emotion and heart in this film which had my attention totally focused on every scene for not only the amazing story but also the good food. I know I've said it before but this is one of my favorite movies.

The story showed you Julia Child as she became the infamous Julia Child. After relocating to Paris with her husband Paul (Stanley Tucci), Julia trying to find something to do with her life decides to take cooking lessons. The movie showed her first attempts at learning to cook to her most stressful endeavor of trying to get her cookbook published.


Julie Powell was struggling with her life and her stressful job as a customer service representative for the 9/11 relief fund. Not feeling very successful with her life after spending lunch with her friends and after being featured in a not so flattering magazine article written by a friend. Julie decides to make a change by creating a blog (as suggested by her husband Eric (Chris Messina)) where she will focus on attempting to prepare every recipe in Julia Child's famous cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking".

I really enjoyed watching this movie, it was funny and endearing and if you've never seen it, I would really recommend it. I'm pretty sure you will like it too.

No comments: