Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 4 review for my Amy Adams 4-day-4-movie marathon: Enchanted



Rating: 4 stars

I actually waited a while before writing up my review because I think my perspective has changed since I originally saw this movie. I still enjoyed watching Enchanted and I still think all the animated scenes are so beautiful. However, I now think Robert (Patrick Dempsey) is one of the most annoying characters around, he's just so cynical and jaded. I just couldn't find him interesting. Watching this for the second time, I really didn't want Giselle (Amy Adams) to end up with Robert. Is it bad that I sort of rooted for Queen Narissa (Susan Sarandon) when she captured Robert near the end of the movie? Oh well, I can't change the movie.

The second time around, I was even happier that Nancy (Idina Menzel) finally got her Prince and ended up with Prince Edward (James Marsden). Robert was so dull and unromantic and romance is something that Nancy really wanted.


I was still happy Nathaniel (Timothy Spall) finally realized how the Queen really saw him and took up the fight for the side of the Prince. It still makes me smile when I see the title of his book (and Pip the chipmunk's book as well).

I thought Amy Adams and James Marsden were simply wonderful. They were whimsy and made you believe they had truly stepped out of a fairy tale. James Spall and Susan Sarandon also did a great job in this movie.

So overall, I still absolutely adore this movie. I just grew up a little and saw Giselle's "Prince" as a grumpy old curmudgeon.

No comments: