Thursday, October 9, 2014

Book Review: Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Robyn Hood: Legend


Book: Grimm Fairy Tales Presents: Robyn Hood Trilogy book #3: Legend (issues #1-5) by Pat Shand with illustration by Larry Watts and color by Slamet Mujiono

Source: Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review

Publication: Available now

Description:

Everyone’s favorite archer is back!

Robyn thought she lost everything, but when the villainous Guy of Gisbourne makes his way to Earth, Robyn is faced with a choice.

Return to Myst to save the people of Nottingham once and for all, or live life as a normal person. The final volume of the fan-favorite Robyn Hood trilogy begins now!


Rating: 5 stars

Description:

The Robyn Hood comics never fail to be anything but amazing. The writing for this one was really good, the story was filled with action, humor and heart.

Robyn Hood Legend is the sequel to Robyn Hood: Wanted and picks up some time after Robyn was released from jail and started working with the Realm Knights

In this book, Robyn's life in the Myst has found its way to Earth, bringing three people who need her help including someone who she thought was dead. They need her to return with them to try to stop the evil Cal who has taken over the lands and not to mention told the people that Robyn is the evil that they should fear.

She finds with this new threat enemies have become allies. But will it be enough to defeat Cal. I enjoyed every page of this and loved how the ending is setting everything up for an ongoing series for Robyn Hood. There is a preview of the new series and what I read is really good. Which looks like I will be adding another series to my Comic Book Wednesday list and turns out the series has already started with the first two issues already out. I will have to check with the comic book store to see if they carry it. Hopefully, they do and I can find those issues.

I hate to say this but Robyn Hood has replaced Green Arrow as my favorite Emerald Archer but that's due to two things: 1) I can't stand the New 52 version of Green Arrow and 2) how awesome Robyn is. Now the pre-New 52 Green Arrow is still my favorite but until that character returns (which I highly doubt) Robyn will be my favorite new archer. Followed by Hawkeye (both Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) as my two second favorite archers.

No comments: