Thursday, May 28, 2015

Art Finds from the DIA: Fashion Meets Art with a Frida Kahlo T-Shirt and a Superman Wallet

I don't know if everyone knows but I love going to the museum and checking out all the exhibits but also to check out the gift shop. And when I have some time, I love to search various museum websites to see what they have in their online gift shops.

I recently had a bright idea to start a new post called Art Finds where I will post fun, unique and interesting items from museum gifts shops. So for my first post, I found two fashionable items from the Detroit Institute of Arts Museum.




Frida Kahlo Neon Juniors T-Shirt   $28.00   Detroit Institute of Arts Museum (dia.org)

This is a really cute Frida Kahlo T-Shirt. It's available in basic white but what I love the most are the bright neon colors. The bright colors make the shirt standout more. Side note: There is a Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo exhibit at the DIA running until July 12th.




Mighty Wallet Superman by Dynomighty   $15.00   Detroit Institute of Arts Museum (dia.org)

You guys know I love comics and I always find it interesting that you can now find superhero stuff just about anywhere. Case in point this Superman wallet, like the character it's bright and colorful and according to the description durable. As much as I like this, I do wish there was something with Lois Lane on it. Maybe, I'll contact the museum and ask them.

Any way the description states that inside the wallet you see Clark transform into Superman.  It's tear-resistant, water-resistant, expandable and recyclable. Made from Tyvek which resist tearing due to the thousands of interlocking plastic fibers spun in random patterns, giving it incredible strength.

The wallet includes:

2 large pockets for cash and receipts
2 credit card pockets that expand to hold lots of cards
2 quick access business card pockets
4 writable Tyvek business cards included

No comments: