Monday, June 1, 2015

Fitness Monday: Fitness Challenges and Fitness Magazines

Happy Fitness Monday!

I know it's been a while since I've posted something for this. But I just finished the 30 day squat challenge and I'm going to be starting a new one today, the 30 day walking challenge. I think these challenges are great motivators.

Never gaining the Freshman 15 in college (1. from walking around campus  2. using the school gym and 3. always being busy) it didn't hit me until after I graduated because at first I found myself less active and sitting around more than I used to, stressing out about "real life" issues (you know find a job, place to live, etc.) and maybe eating out more than I should have. At first I didn't notice the weight gain but once I did, I started making sure I got in more exercise and not eating as many snacks. But it wasn't until I started doing these challenges that I was finding my motivation not waning and I also found I actually enjoyed doing them.

From fitness challenges to magazines, over the weekend I got three fitness magazines: Women's Health (Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover), Shape (Jessica Alba on the cover) and Muscle & Fitness Hers (Nikki and Brie Bella on the cover). It's been a while since I've bought any new magazines, I'm more likely to buy a book or DVD than a magazine. But I was looking in the fitness section and spotted these three and flipping through them I found some good information.

This summer is going to be all about having fun of course but also being a fit book blogger. Sitting around reading isn't probably the most active thing to do but it's so relaxing. So, I'm going to definitely make sure I stay motivated to stay in shape.

Side Note: Anyone planning on attending college or currently enrolled don't forget to take advantage of that gym membership (you're already being charged for it may as well use it).

No comments: