Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Reader Question: Wonder Woman Comics

This question was posted in the comment section for a recent currently reading post. The reader wanted to know what Wonder Woman comics I would recommend. As a WW fan, I couldn't pass up answering this question.


Anonymous wrote: I never read a WW comic anything you'd rec.




Answer:

Thanks you for writing,

Since you've never read a Wonder Woman comic I would recommend starting with Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman. That series features a lot of different stories that will help you understand who the character is.

Then maybe pick up Wonder Woman volume #1: Who is Wonder Woman (it's available in the trade edition). And thanks to digital you can now read a lot of the older Wonder Woman stories and by old I mean the ones written by WW creator William Moulton Marston.

You can also check out the some what controversial New 52 Wonder Woman series by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang (issues #1-35). In that series there were quite a few changes to WW's origin but despite the changes it wasn't bad.

I would also, check out some books by Greg Rucka, Phil Jimenez, George Perez and many more. If possible, go to your local comic bookstore and see what's there, you never know what you might find.

Update: I forgot to mention Wonder Woman: Odyssey Vol. #1 and #2 by

I really hope this is helpful. 

If you have a question you would like to ask me, please e-mail me at: BookGirlLoveofReading@gmail.com.

No comments: