Friday, September 11, 2015

Fashion Meets Comics: Lois Lane's Briefcase (Superman Returns)


Preparing this post was an eye opener, I had no idea briefcases were so expensive. Since I don't use one, they are not something that I usually go out and seek. So, the high prices never occurred to me. I guess this is what the fashion experts call an investment piece.

For this Fashion Meets Comics, I was inspired by the briefcase Lois Lane carried in Superman Returns. That bag fits Lois perfectly because like her it has a tough no nonsense look to it but it also has a nice blend of femininity and masculinity.

For a reporter on the go, her bag needs to not only look professional but be strong and durable to withstand all of her harrowing adventures. Not to mention carry all of her necessities such as a phone, computer/tablet and old school reporting tools such pens, notebook and recorder.

When I was selecting bags I wanted to make sure each bag had a shoulder strap because I can't imagine Lois carrying her bag in her hand. That's an opportunity wasted to either be taking notes (pictures) or holding her recorder.





Frye 'Logan' Leather Buckle Briefcase    $528.00   Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)








Alto Lorenzo Messenger Bag    $750.00   Dooney & Bourke (dooney.com)









BOCONI 'Mathews' Briefcase    $448.00   Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)








Metropolitan Slim Brief     $495.00   COACH (coach.com)








Lodis 'Medium Jamie' Leather Briefcase    $368.00   Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)








Alto Double Gusset Buckle Briefcase    $850.00   Dooney & Bourke (dooney.com)








Ben Minkoff 'Fulton' Leather Briefcase    $375.00   Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)

No comments: