Friday, May 13, 2016

Agent Carter Cancelled, Say It Isn't So!


ABC must have been undergoing a late Spring Cleaning to have cancelled so many shows, one of my favorites in particular, Agent Carter.

I still find it hard to believe ABC cancelled Agent Carter, I guess you win some and lose some. But Agent Carter is a big loss. Especially since the show was very well written, the acting was strong and had an exciting story to tell.

Would you like to know why I loved watching Agent Carter? Margaret "Peggy" Carter represented strength, independence and knowing ones self-worth. Peggy didn't have any superpowers yet she didn't hesitate to go out there day after day working in a very dangerous job. She didn't do her job looking for praise from her higher ups that was not who she was (and during those times she certainly wasn't going to get them). Peggy was confident in her intelligence, her abilities and knowing that she could protect herself.

One thing for certain, Peggy loved her job. Even when she was treated unfairly, she brought her A game to everything she did. I can not fathom the reason why Agent Carter wasn't renewed for one more season. A third season could have tied up everything, such as the creation of S.H.I.E.L.D..

Despite being sad that Agent Carter has been cancelled, I'm happy that Hayley Atwell will have a new series "Conviction" which will also air on ABC.

Now, I will patiently wait for the DVD/Blu-ray of season two of Agent Carter. Oh, and a kindly reminder to Agent Carter fans, remember to "Do As Peggy Says".

No comments: