Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Fashion Meets Comics: Mary Jane Watson


Artwork: Mary Jane Watson circa 1977 by Des Taylor

Looking at Des Taylor's magnificent artwork of Mary Jane Watson, I knew I had to turn it into a Fashion Meets Comics post.

I think the late 70s had wonderful fashion for women (sorry guys, when I looked at the fashion for that era, I noticed how terrible the clothes were for men). Which is probably why I love watching the original Charlie's Angeles TV series, Wonder Woman and The Bionic Woman. It wasn't only because they were amazing shows to watch but for the fashions.

To recreate this look I chose a yellow V-neck top and for the jeans I decided not to go with flared or wide leg jeans. Although from research those styles were very popular and the most recognizable for the 70s. However, other styles were also popular such as straight and slim fitted leg which is the style I went with for this look.

Last, I found a really cute scarf and bracelets. What do you guys think, did I do a good job with this look?  



Vintage Wash V-Neck Tee     $24.95     Gap (gap.com)




Curvy Skinny Jeans    $29.94    Old Navy (oldnavy.gap.com)



Accessories

Sole Society Abstract Dye Print Scarf    $26.95   Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)





Curved Metal Bangle Bracelet Set     $19.90     Express (express.com)






Textured Chain Bangle Set     $7.90     Forever 21 (forever21.com)

No comments: