Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Toy Corner: Barbie: Lois Lane (Superman Returns) and Barbie: Superman (Batman v Superman)

My Lois Lane Barbie from Superman Returns is one of my favorite collectables. I remember when that movie first came out in 2006 I was very interested in seeing it. Superman had not been on the big screen in a long time and from everyone I talked to, you could tell the excitement was building. What made me even more excited was that Barbie had created Superman and Lois Lane dolls. I thought that was fantastic.

I had bought the Lois Lane doll (she even came with a poster) but I must confess my biggest regret is that I did not get the Superman doll. Since then I've seen the Superman doll being sold from private sellers but there is no way I'm paying anyone the ridiculous prices that I've seen it being sold for.

Which leads me to my latest collectable, Superman Barbie from Batman v Superman. I thought it was great that Barbie created Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman dolls but I was disappointed that Lois Lane didn't get one. I have the Wonder Woman Barbie, I bought it in May but forgot to post it. I'll make sure to post it soon. That makes the only one I don't have is the Batman Barbie, I'm going to try to get it.

This Superman Barbie was a birthday gift, it's great to finally have a Clark Kent doll in my collection. I currently have Lois and Clark displayed next to each other. I couldn't resist.


Lois Lane (Superman Returns)







Superman (Batman v Superman)




Lois and Clark

No comments: