Friday, September 30, 2016

Fashion Meets Comics - Guy's Edition: James "Bucky" Barnes (Captain America: The First Avenger)


Captain America: The First Avenger didn't strike me as a movie you could find a lot fashion inspiration from that is aside from Peggy Carter's wardrobe. However, after rewatching the movie a few weeks ago, I couldn't stop looking at this blue jacket as well the entire outfit that Sergeant James "Bucky" Barnes was wearing. I thought he looked rather stylish for going into a war.

With this outfit as an inspiration, I approached this Fashion Meets Comics post in a different way. I knew looking at that jacket that it was going to be difficult to find something with that many details. Although, I still wanted to keep the overall consistency of the outfit I decided to go with a more modern look and feel. For the jacket, I simplified it by going with a standard peacoat, as for the pants I went with a combination of cargo and regular pants. Now for the boots, I found four really nice pair that I couldn't decide between so I included them all.

I think I did a really good job with this outfit, what do you guys think?






Peacoat
Original Penguin Wool Blend Peacoat in Dark Sapphire                   $295.00               Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)





Haggar Modern-Fit Double-Breasted Melton Wool Blend Peacoat in Navy         $89.99 (sale, regular price $225.00)           Kohl's (kohls.com)





Merona Wool Peacoat in Navy                 $79.99 - $81.99                 Target (target.com)





Selected Homme Wool Peacoat in Navy           $186.00           ASOS (asos.com) 






Pants

Broken-In Cargos                 $25.00 (sale, regular price $29.94)         Old Navy (oldnavy.gap.com)






AEO 360 Extreme Flex Slim Chino in Gray Road               $37.46 (sale, regular price $49.95)    American Eagle Outfitter (ae.com)






Slim Finn Flex Stretch Khaki Chino Pant               $69.90             Express (express.com)






AEO Original Boot Core Flex/Chino in Gray Road           $33.71 (sale, regular price $44.95)       American Eagle Outfitter (ae.com)





Canvas Cargos                   $33.00 (sale, regular price $39.94)             Old Navy (oldnavy.gap.com)






Boots

SoHo Cobbler Evan Wingtip Booties                  $49.99              Target (target.com)







ALDO Acerrassi Cap Toe Boot                $200.00                    Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)







Reaction Kenneth Cole 'Single Mind' Cap Toe Boot            $145.00            Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)







Dune London Calabash Military Boot                 $179.00           Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)








Reaction Kenneth Cole 'Steer the Wheel' Lace-Up Boot           $100.50 (sale, regular price $150.00)           Nordstrom (shop.nordstrom.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you take request? Can you do one for Bucky as The Winter Soldier?

Book Girl said...

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment. I thought about doing a Fashion Meets Comics for The Winter Soldier, I'm just not sure when.