Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Post Election Watch Party: Wonder Woman and Captain America

I watched Hillary Clinton's concession speech and it was so moving as well as being heartbreaking. It brought tears to my eyes. I would just like to say don't ever feel bad about crying, it's therapeutic. It truly made me feel a little better but I'm still sad. However, to pick myself up a bit I'm going to watch the Wonder Woman animated movie followed by Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War.

It's okay to feel down, angry or any other emotion you're experiencing, the main thing is to take care of yourself. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for how you are dealing with this election result. I'm going to take the time to let myself feel everything I'm feeling today and tomorrow I will be my same kind and caring self who sees the beauty in diversity and equality.

It's no coincidence my avatar is Wonder Woman reading a book because from my parents and from my love for comics and superheroes I have this inane sense to fight injustice. My parents are wonderful loving people who have taught me so much but what I love is that they taught me speak out and not to look the other way when you see something wrong.

Take care everyone, I won't be posting anything else until tomorrow. I'm off to watch Wonder Woman.


Wonder Woman

Description:

On the mystical island of Themyscira, a proud and fierce warrior race of Amazons have raised a daughter of untold beauty, grace and strength Princess Diana. When an Army fighter pilot, Steve Trevor, crash-lands on the island, the rebellious and headstrong Diana defies Amazonian law by accompanying Trevor back to civilization. Meanwhile, Ares has escaped his imprisonment at the hands of the Amazonians and has decided to exact his revenge - intending to start a world war that will not only last for centuries but will wipe out every living being on the planet, starting with the Amazons! It is up to Princess Diana to save her people and the world by using her gifts and becoming the ultimate Wonder Woman!




Captain America: The First Avenger

Description:

It is 1941 and the world is in the throes of war. Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) wants to do his part and join America's armed forces, but the military rejects him because of his small stature. Finally, Steve gets his chance when he is accepted into an experimental program that turns him into a supersoldier called Captain America. Joining forces with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), Captain America leads the fight against the Nazi-backed HYDRA organization.





Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Description:

After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adjust to the modern world. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk.

Joining forces with the Black Widow, Captain America struggles to expose the ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off professional assassins sent to silence him at every turn. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America and the Black Widow enlist the help of a new ally, the Falcon. However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy-the Winter Soldier.





Captain America: Civil War

Description:

Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps — one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

No comments: