Monday, April 24, 2017

Book of Interest: Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

I recently watched the movie Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List on Netflix and I absolutely adored it. I love a good friendship/romantic dramedy. Naomi and Ely's were pretty much inseparable but could their friendship withstand romance drama. Specifically since they put into place a fail safe (a No Kiss List) to prevent that but things don't always go as planned. It's such a cute movie.

I found out later that the movie was based on a book and now I want to read it. I will be adding this to my wishlist as soon as possible.


Book: Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Description:

Naomi and Ely are best friends. Inseparable since childhood. Naomi is straight. Ely is gay. Naomi dates guys who she claims to like. They’re okay, but she likes Ely more.

To protect their feelings, Naomi and Ely created a No Kiss List—a list of people neither of them is allowed to kiss under any circumstances. Naomi’s latest boyfriend Bruce isn’t on that list. But he probably should have been. Because when Ely kisses Bruce, it breaks Naomi’s heart. The result? A rift of universal proportions. Can these best friends come together again, or will this be end of Naomi and Ely: the Institution?

No comments: