Thursday, August 3, 2017

Health & Fitness: Body Shaming, Why Does it Continue?


I really don't understand body shaming, I wrote something about this a while ago. There is no point in judging someone else's weight. It's horrible how frequent people post or say hurtful things about someone's weight. I guess Rihanna is the latest person they are going after and I can't believe people are calling her fat. Why are they so concerned with her weight? It's as if they don't have anything better to do but to talk about her weight. I wonder if they are living vicariously through her and her gaining a little weight has broken the fantasy that they created of her.

Rihanna is not the only one that I've noticed being body shamed, Mariah Carey, Ariel Winter, Chrissy Metz and Demi Lovato have been as well. I also noticed that Dylan O'Brien has been receiving a bit of body shaming too. I've seen a few comments about his appearance at the San Diego Comic-Con where they say he doesn't look as thin as he did when he was on Teen Wolf or in his upcoming movie American Assassin. I've seen those SDCC pictures, and not that it matters but he looks good. He looks healthy and like he's gained a little more muscle mass.

Although I used celebrities to get my point across I truly feel like no one should be body shamed. No one should have to feel like they are being judged for their weight, it makes me mad whenever I see all the mean and negative comments directed at someone. Unfortunately, we live in a world were being thin is more important than being healthy. Someone's weight doesn't equate to how healthy they are. For instance, one of my favorite yoga practitioner is Jessamyn Stanley who is a body positive advocate and promotes yoga for everyone.


I don't understand this world, you're shamed if they deem you to be too thin or too heavy. There is no such thing as a perfect body why is that so hard to understand.

No comments: