Monday, April 23, 2018

Fashion Meets Comics: Two Issues I have with Superman's Costume from the Supergirl TV Series

Does anyone know why the Supergirl TV series hasn't brought back Superman (played by Tyler Hoechlin) for the third season? I remember how much The CW and Supergirl put into promoting Superman finally appearing on the show for the second season. There were promo posters, interviews, sneak peaks, teaser trailers, etc. which is why I don't understand why they put in so much effort only to forget about the character.

Well as much as I really like this version of Superman (I've written about it before) there are two things about his costume, which was designed by Kiertsin Ronning, I wish would change. If he ever appears on the show again, I hope they change his cape straps and his boots.

I find the cape straps to be awkwardly placed and too clunky. I know they draw the eye to the shield but it's distracting. And the boots look heavy and they're a little slouchy around the ankles. The boots would look so much better if they more streamlined but other than that, it's a really good suit.

What do you think does Superman's costume need an minor adjustment or is it great the way it is?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comics to movies I grew up looking at a variant of costumes for the Man of Steel. Some good some disastrous. I agree this super suit isn't bad all it needs is a small tweak to fix it.

-- Matt

Book Girl said...

Hi Matt thanks for leaving a comment. I really do like the suit but the cape straps and boots really annoy me. I really wish they would redesign them if they ever decide to bring him back to the show.