Thursday, August 16, 2018

Sophie Kinsella's Book "Can You Keep a Secret?" is Being Adapted into a Movie

It's recently been announced that Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella will be made into a movie. Actress Alexandra Daddario, who most recently starred in the Netflix romantic comedy When We First Met, will not only star as the main character Emma Corrigan but will also be executive producing the movie. Also co-starring in the movie is Tyler Hoechlin, who most recently starred in the dystopian movie The Domestics, he will play Jack Harper.

I do hope this movie adaptation will be better than the one for Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic because that movie was so awful. And this is one time where the saying "the book was better than the movie" is a perfect fit because it really was terrible.

I have read a lot of Kinsella's books but I have not read Can You Keep a Secret?. I'm going to add this to my wishlist, hopefully I can read it before the movie is released.


Description:

Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets:

Secrets from her boyfriend: I’ve always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken.

Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur.

Secrets she wouldn’t share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is.

Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger. . . .

But come Monday morning, Emma’s office is abuzz about the arrival of Jack Harper, the company’s elusive CEO. Suddenly Emma is face-to-face with the stranger from the plane, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her. Things couldn’t possibly get worse. Or could they?

No comments: