Saturday, February 15, 2020

Chewbacca Should Have a Disney+ Miniseries

I think Chewbacca should get a Disney+ miniseries, it could show him traveling around the galaxy in the Millennium Falcon (which I feel belongs to him) having awesome adventures. During his travels, he could visit old friends such at the Ewoks and Porgs (because I'm sure they were returned to Ahch-To) while also making new friends. There could also be a nice reflective moment of Chewie thinking about his best friend the late Han Solo and his other old friends the late General Leia Organa and Master Jedi Luke Skywalker.

In the sequel trilogy, I never got a sense that Chewie and Ben Solo (a.k.a. Kylo Ren) were ever close. It's hard to imagine Ben growing up around Chewie and the two not interacting. Especially since they were family, I think it would be interesting see why their relationship was nonexistent.

Something that always annoyed me about the sequel trilogy was how Chewie was sort of sidelined especially after Han was killed. I still find it weird Leia was comforting Rey instead of Chewie following Han's death in The Force Awakens. It made absolutely no sense because Rey hardly knew Han while Chewbacca was his best friend for years. As much as I love The Force Awakens, that was really bad writing to have Leia overlook Chewie in order to console Rey. It would have been more moving to have had Leia and Chewie grieving together over the loss of Han. Instead it felt empty with Chewie going with an injured Finn while Leia and Rey hugged.

Which is why I believe the Wookie needs his own miniseries, so he can shine as the main character. He was just as important as the other characters but he became overlooked in the sequel trilogy.


Artwork: Chewbacca by cmloweart (Chelsea Lowe)

No comments: