Monday, March 16, 2020

What did you guys think of the Supergirl episode Reality Bytes?

I thought last night's episode of Supergirl, Reality Bytes was really good. I love how Nia Nal a.k.a Dreamer has grown into being a confident hero. This episode dealt with a tough and personal subject matter in regards to Nia as it tackled transphobia and the growing violence against the transgender community. Nia was rightfully angry after her roommate Yvette was attacked because of hatred towards Dreamer, a trans superhero. And it's understandable that she wanted revenge and wanted to go after the guy who did it. However, she realized that as a hero, she had to let justice run its course and not take matters into her own hands by becoming a vigilante.

I really like the friendship between Nia and Kara Danvers (Supergirl) and that moment between them at CatCo was so heartfelt. I've said it before but I think Nia was a really good addition to the show and I hope she'll continue to get more good screen time along with more complex storylines. She has easily become one of my favorite characters on the show.

No comments: