Friday, November 27, 2020

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts


It's Fandom Friday, what's everyone talking about? Here are a few things I've been thinking of:

- I still think Robbie Reyes a.k.a. Ghost Rider played by Gabriel Luna during the fourth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was so good that I wish he had a movie. No offense to the Ghost Rider movies which starred Nicolas Cage as Johnathon "Johnny" Blaze but Robbie was so unforgettable and his Ghost Rider was absolutely amazing. It just feels like a waste that his character didn't make it into the MCU with a movie.



- I forgot that Sam Winchester was at Stanford University and was planning to go to law school. Yesterday, I rewatched the first episode of Supernatural and I couldn't believe I had forgotten that. Sam's life really was going in a different direction until it all changed.



- It always annoys me when writers move Lois Lane and Clark Kent to the suburbs or Smallville after the couple have children. Whether it's comic books, TV shows or movies, I find it hard to believe that they would want to move from Metropolis to somewhere else. Lois and Clark are two of the best reporters and they thrive on the excitement of living in a big city and would want to be where a lot of big news is happening and the suburbs and Smallville isn't it. This is something that's really annoying me lately with how writers seem to want to keep relocating Lois and Clark away from Metropolis which is why I'm starting to lose interest in the upcoming Superman & Lois TV series.



- Why isn't there more holiday superhero movies? The only two that I can think of are Batman Returns (Christmas) and Iron Man 3 (Christmas/New Year's Eve). There are plenty of comic book holiday stories that screenwriters could have found inspiration from, it makes no sense that there weren't more movies. It makes me wonder if any superhero holiday movies are even pitched.



- I still find it disappointing that Disney didn't put Finn and Poe Dameron together especially since they had great chemistry in the Star Wars sequel trilogy. Their friendship always felt like something more and yet nothing was explored during the trilogy. I know that something doesn't have to be officially canon for me to be a fan and that's why I still like the idea of Finn and Poe's being in a relationship.

No comments: