Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Comic Book Wednesday: December 30th

We are one day away from saying goodbye to 2020, and since I have no actually picks for this last Comic Book Wednesday, I wanted to know what's something about comics you enjoyed this year?

1. I enjoyed seeing new writers and artists get a chance to work on books and series.

2. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The show aired its seventh and final season this year. Although AoS may have started out a little slow in the first season, I even stopped watching for a few episodes but I returned. And by the end of the season 1, the show had really improved. But it really got better in the second season all the way to the finale season. I know I might have been a little disappointed with the first few episodes of the first season but I'm glad I went back because this little show which is overlooked by some comic book fans turned out to be an amazing series.

3. Getting to watch Wonder Woman 1984 at home during a pandemic. I haven't watched the movie yet, I'm saving it for tomorrow but I'm forever thankful it was released on HBO Max. Because no matter how much I wanted to see this movie there was no way I was going to a theatre to see it.

4. Less comic book/superhero movies. I don't know, it was just nice being able to enjoy the year with only a few movies that were released.

5. Being able to attend virtual comic cons. Since we're in a pandemic, it was understandable that cons were cancelled but instead of getting rid of them altogether many went virtual and were free. Fans were able to see different panels and other special things all from the comfort of home.

Well, my fellow comic book fans, I hope the new year will bring us even more good things in comics.

No comments: