Tuesday, December 29, 2020

On My List: December 29th

As the year is quickly counting down, there are a few new movies On My List that I want to watch: Sylvie's LoveWe Can Be Heroes and Wonder Woman 1984. And since I have fewer Christmas movies to watch, yes I'm still watching them, I will be watching one of those new movies during the last three days of the month and year.  


Sylvie's Love

Starring: Tessa Thompson, Nnamdi Asomugha, Eva Longoria, Aja Naomi King, Jemima Kirke, Tone Bell, Regé-Jean Page and more

Director: Eugene Ashe


Description:

When a young woman meets an aspiring saxophonist in her father's record shop in 1950s Harlem, their love ignites a sweeping romance that transcends changing times, geography, and professional success.


Why it's On My List? I love watching romantic old movies and the trailer makes it seem exactly like that. And plus the costumes look amazing. I can't wait to see this movie.





We Can Be Heroes

Starring: YaYa Gosselin, Lyon Daniels, Andy Walken, Hala Finley, Lotus Blossom, Dylan Henry Lau, Andrew Diaz, Isaiah Russell-Bailey, Akira Akbar, Priyanka Chopra, Pedro Pascal, Christian Slater, Taylor Dooley and more

Director: Robert Rodriguez


Description:

When alien invaders kidnap Earth's superheroes, their kids are whisked away to a government safe house. But whip-smart tween Missy Moreno will stop at nothing to rescue her superhero dad, Marcus Moreno. Missy teams up with the rest of the superkids to escape their mysterious government babysitter, Ms. Granada. If they're going to save their parents, they'll have to work together by using their individual powers — from elasticity to time control to predicting the future — and form an out-of-this-world team.


Why it's On My List? Who doesn't love a superhero movie with the heroes at a disavantage. This looks like it'll be fun and I think it'll be interesting to see how these kids will save the day. Most likely in a most spectacular way.





Wonder Woman 1984

Starring: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Robin Wright, Connie Nielsen and more

Director: Patty Jenkins


Description:

Diana Prince lives quietly among mortals in the vibrant, sleek 1980s -- an era of excess driven by the pursuit of having it all. Though she's come into her full powers, she maintains a low profile by curating ancient artifacts, and only performing heroic acts incognito. But soon, Diana will have to muster all of her strength, wisdom and courage as she finds herself squaring off against Maxwell Lord and the Cheetah, a villainess who possesses superhuman strength and agility.


Why it's On My List? It's Wonder Woman, how could it not be included on my list. I can't wait to watch this movie and thankfully I've avoided all spoilers because I really want to know how Steve Trevor returns.

No comments: