Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Comic Book Wednesday: March 17th Picks

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Comic Book Wednesday!

I'm really surprised, I'm not watching the Superman & Lois TV series. You would think that as a big Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane fan, I would be watching this show (which I hear is good) but so far I have no interest in watching the show. I think it's the whole small town/suburban parent vibe this show has that's left me with little interest in seeing it. I guess I wanted to see a Superman show set in Metropolis and not another one set in Smallville. I don't know, maybe I'll watch the first season when it's released on DVD but for now I really don't have any interest in this show.

But a show I do want to watch is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, it's looks really exciting. I can't wait to see how these two idiots will try to figure out there place in the hero world.

All that aside, what books are you picking up today? I have four on my list that I eagerly want to read especially Nightwing. I feel like so many of the previous stories involving "Ric" Grayson dragged on for way too long. That's why I am so happy for a new creative team and see what they will do with this new arc.

Since, it's St. Patrick's Day, don't forget to wear green when you pick up your books.


DC Comics


Book: Catwoman #29

Description:

So far, Selina Kyle’s ambitious plan to gain control of Alleytown has been going purrfectly, but she’s about to run headlong into a brand-new foe-and pass right through them...? Riddle us this, Catwoman! What do the Khadym mob, a non-corporeal assassin, and Poison Ivy have in common? And when it comes to solving riddles, there’s only one person Selina can go to-no matter how much she hates the idea.






Book: Nightwing #78

Description:

Nightwing is back-and his drive to keep Blüdhaven safe has never been stronger! But his adopted city has elected a new mayor with the last name Zucco. When Nightwing enlists Batgirl’s help in investigating the politician bearing the same name as the man who murdered his parents, she unearths details that will shock and fundamentally change the hero.

The New York Times bestselling team of writer Tom Taylor and artist Bruno Redondo are about to take Nightwing to the next stage of his evolution as a hero!





Marvel Comics


Book: Iron Man #7

Description:

Iron Man and his small band of allies go interstellar as they pursue Korvac to the farthest reaches of the galaxy, even as the villainous android intellect tries to telepathically lure Hellcat and Tony toward his bizarre utopian visions. But after an unexpected left turn leaves Iron Man on a remote and uncharted planet, Korvac might take the opportunity to blow Shellhead’s vulnerable friends out of the stars once and for all.






Book: Thor #13

Description:

“PREY” PART FIVE OF SIX!

A vengeful Donald Blake, Thor’s enchanted ax, Jarnbjorn, and the World Tree — not a good combination! With Thor still nowhere to be found, Blake is about to finish what he started: the end of Asgard! Meanwhile, Valkyrie manages to track down the long-absent Odin, but he is not the same All-Father he once was. Can Odin rise to the occasion and help save his son and Asgard? And who will help Lady Sif and the others in Dimension Blood? Surprises abound as the gods face the fight of their eternal lives in the penultimate chapter of “Prey”!

No comments: