Monday, November 8, 2021

Fashion Meets Fandom: Taylor Kelly

Taylor Kelly is not one of my favorite characters (in fact she's my least favorite) but I did really like this blue satin wrap dress she wore in the 9-1-1 fifth season episode Peer Pressure.

The wrap dress is a classic fashion staple that never goes out of style. Taylor's mini wrap dress feels polished and sophisticated and the belt gives it a playful twist. It's an effortless look that feels like it's been updated with a slightly modern touch. Even though I love this dress just as it is, I'd also wear it with an oversized cardigan or blazer to give it more of a fall look.

(9-1-1 season 5 episode 5: Peer Pressure)

I really like this dress but I had a little difficulty finding something that looks exactly like it. So, I used it as inspiration and found a few dresses that have a similar look and feel. I also included a belt to give any of the dresses the same slight twist.


Dresses

Faux Wrap Dress by LOVEAPPELLA                        $44.97 (sale, regular price $77.00)               Nordstrom Rack (nordstromrack.com)





Satin Tie Waist Long Sleeve Mini Dress                        $88.00               Express (express.com)





Essential Shift Dress                        $129.00               Banana Republic (bananarepublic.gap.com)





Simply Stated Long Sleeve Wrap Dress                        $60.00               Roxy (roxy.com)





Drapey Wrap Dress                        $128.00               J.Crew (jcrew.com)





Belt

Quilted Belt by Wild Fable                       $15.00               Target (target.com)

No comments: