Friday, April 1, 2022

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #21: Our Flag Means Death, 9-1-1, 9-1-1: Lone Star and Danger Force


Happy Friday!

It's the first day of April and I hope this will be a good month and we all have fun enjoying every day of it. With that said, what are some of your fandom thoughts?

- I can't believe how popular the HBO Max comedy Our Flag Means Death has become. According to reports it's the most in-demand new series in the US right now. I just started watching it today. I'm currently on the fourth episode and so far it is really funny. I can see why so many fans and viewers have been enjoying this show.






- I think one of 9-1-1’s biggest mistakes besides queerbaiting is spending so much screentime on random recurring characters instead of focusing on the main characters. This Monday's episode Boston proved just that because the episode was centered around Maddie Buckley and Howard "Chimney" Han and it was so good. It's was like a mini movie and everything about the episode was truly amazing. If the showrunners and writers didn't focus so much wasted time on random recurring characters this show would be so much more entertaining. They did this in the first half of the fifth season and it looks like they are still continuing in the second half by also focusing on new characters. I just hope the writers will write more good episodes like Boston.

(Maddie and Chimney       9-1-1 season 5 episode 12: Boston)





- As much as I love watching 9-1-1: Lone Star, I think it would be nice to see the other main characters besides Owen Strand going out on dates or meeting someone. For instance, Paul Strickland, Marjan Marwani, Mateo Chavez, Nancy Gillian are all single and it would be nice for them to meet someone because for some reason the show only wants to focus on Owen's many romances throughout the series. Paul had a failed chance at romance back in the first season fifth episode Studs and the same goes for Marjan who had to let go of a potential romance in the second season fourth episode Friends with Benefits. And so far throughout the three seasons of the series, Mateo and Nancy have had zero chances at romance. Maybe Paul and Marjan will get a second chance at romance and hopefully Nancy and Mateo will finally get a chance to at least meet someone. Because so far it really doesn't seem like it.

It would also be nice to see established couples Grace and Judd Ryder and Carlos Reyes and TK Strand go out on dates as well. Just because they are already in relationships doesn't mean it wouldn't cool for the viewers to see them have a date or two especially since the show has no problem showing Owen going on dates. I like Owen but I think he has a lot of screentime that could go to the other characters. Anyway, I just want more romance for the rest of the main characters.






- A show that I need to get caught up on is Danger Force, it's a fun superhero spinoff of the Henry Danger series. The show is already in its second season and I still need to finish watching the first season. Maybe I'll see how many episodes I can watch this weekend.

No comments: