Friday, April 22, 2022

Happy Earth Day!

Since every day is Earth Day, I wanted to know what are some of the things that you do to make a difference? From reusing to recycling items to using less water and plastic, I'd really like to know what you like to do for sustainable living. Since, I've started Book Girl, I included a few tips or things that I like to do in some of my Earth Day posts (1, 2, 3 and 4), and below are a few more:

- I go to the library to check out books. As much as I want to, I can't buy every book that I want. Which is why the library is a great solution to reading as many books as I can. Also, there have been times over the years when I've really wanted to read a book and then I bought it and it ended up being terrible. So checking out books makes it possible to take a chance on a book and then if I really like it and want to reread it, I'll buy a copy for myself.

- Besides checking out books from the library, I buy books at bookstores but I also like to buy used books from thrift stores or used bookstores.

- I like to reuse jars, they're great for storing so many different things especially candy.

- I like to buy new clothes but I also make sure to wear all my old clothes as well. I like to create as many "new" outfits with all my clothes, it's a good way to be creative and wear all your clothes. That way you're not constantly getting rid of a lot clothes and depending on where you live they may end up in landfills.

- I continue to use tote bags for shopping and turn off the water, lights and gadgets when I'm not using them.

- I try to find new uses for old things for instance I use clean yet old pillow cases to store some of my purses and bags.

Happy Earth Day Everyone!

No comments: