Monday, October 10, 2022

Why does 9-1-1 keep releasing so many clips before the show airs?

It's 9-1-1 Monday and I'll be posting the trailer for tonight's episode later but for now I have a question, why does the marketing team for 9-1-1 always release so many clips and scenes of any of the episodes before they air? I know I wrote something about it before, but I really don't get it? I know they want to promote the show and pique viewers interest but you don't want to show too much and risk ruining the viewing experience giving away too much of the plot and storylines.

I know I posted two clips for the sixth season premiere episode Let the Games Begin but that's the only time I did. I don't like to watch sneak peeks or scenes, I like to be surprised when I watch a show and not be spoiled before it even airs. So I do everything I can to avoid looking at any of the videos.

I really would love to ask someone on the 9-1-1 marketing team why do they keep releasing so many clips before the episode or show airs? Why is that even part of your marketing plan? I think it's good to release a clip of a vague scene to get fans and viewers interesting in the episode. However, they usually release at least 2-3 clips that show scenes that give away too much of the story. I'm sure they won't change their marketing approach because they continue to do it but it doesn't make any sense.

No comments: