Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Entertainment News #12: Cancelled Shows, A Quiet Place and The Witcher


- It's being reported that the DC Comics TV series Stargirl has been cancelled and the current third season will be the final season. I was surprised to hear about this cancelation especially since it seems to be a fan favorite show on the network. I never got around to watching Stargirl but I heard it was good. There have been so many shows cancelled recently on The CW, it makes me wonder what programs they actually have that will interest viewers and fans to continue watching. So far, Superman & Lois is the last of the Arrowverse shows that have not been cancelled or will be ending since the upcoming ninth season of The Flash will be the shows final season.





- Another show that has been cancelled is Fate: The Winx Saga on Netflix. The series has been canceled after the second season was a take on the animated series Winx Club had a lot of mixed reviews with most leaning towards bad with a lot of fans being disappointed with the live-action adaptation. I was never interested in watching Fate: The Winx Saga it just didn't have that Winx Club feel that made the animated series so fun to watch.





- Lupita Nyong’o will be starring in the movie A Quiet Place: Day One which will be directed by Michael Sarnoski and is scheduled to be released on March 8, 2024. A Quiet Place: Day One is a spinoff of the A Quiet Place movies which starred John Krasinski (who also directed both movies) and Emily Blunt. I haven't seen either of first two A Quiet Place movies but I've heard they're good, I'll have to give them a watch very soon.





- The Witcher TV series is getting a new lead actor, Liam Hemsworth will be taking over the role of Geralt from Henry Cavill for the fourth season of the Netflix series. It's being reported that Cavill left the role to return to his role as Superman in the DC Comics movies. I have to say I thought Henry Cavill did a great job as Geralt, I'm actually sad to see him go. Although, I've never seen anything with Liam Hemsworth in it but I'm sure he'll do a good job with the role of Geralt. I'm looking forward to seeing his take on the character.

No comments: