Sunday, June 11, 2023

Fandom: Congratulations to iCarly Fans for Carly and Freddie Going Canon

Happy Sunday and Congratulations to iCarly fans for Carly Shay and Fredward "Freddie" Benson finally going canon in the iCarly revival episode iMake New Memories (season 3 episode 3) on Paramount Plus. As happy as I am for Carly and Freddie fans, it's still a little bittersweet because I liked Sam Puckett and Freddie being together in the original iCarly series. They had this weird chaotic energy that I just loved so much.

While Carly and Freddie were never my favorite non-canon couple (at the time), that doesn't mean I can't be happy for the fans who have been waiting a long time for this to happen between Carly and Freddie. So to all of them, I say Congratulations. I truly love when fans get to celebrate.

(iCarly season 3 episode 3: iMake New Memories)

And not to make this about 9-1-1 but with so many popular non-canon couples finally becoming canon, it's also bittersweet that Evan "Buck" Buckley and Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz are still not given the chance to go canon. It's starting to make me feel like the 9-1-1/SpongeBob Squarepants meme (below) that I've also seen so many other Buck and Eddie fans have posted.

I know I've said this so many times but if either Buck or Eddie had been a woman then they would have already been together by the third or fourth season. But unfortunately non-canon straight couples are more likely to go canon than non-canon gay, lesbian, etc. couples which is so disappointing. But that's not going to stop me from posting about them and why they should be canon.

Anyway, again I want to say Congratulations to Carly and Freddie fans. It's been 15 year in the making but it finally happened.

No comments: