Friday, September 29, 2023

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #37: The Kissing Booth and 9-1-1


Happy Fandom Friday! Yeah, I know, I haven't posted one in a while. Well, here are just a couple of my random fandom thoughts:

- I wish there was a fourth movie to The Kissing Booth movie series that focused on Chloe Winthrop and Marco Peña. I think they should have ended up together because I think they would have complimented each other very well. They're both smart, outgoing and fun. Maybe sometime in the five years later epilogue, they could have bumped into each other maybe in New York City or anywhere else and a spark happened between them. And the fourth movie continuing from there.

I truly think they would have been a way more interesting couple and plus they both should have had a chance at romance. It would have been so much more satisfying viewing wise seeing Chloe and Marco connect than watching Marco constantly wasting his time in the second and third movies trying to pursue something with Elle Evans. Which eventually never amounted to anything. As well as the story trying to make it seem as if Chloe and Noah Flynn were something more than just friends. I guess, I just really like the idea of Chloe and Marco in the future finding love with each other.





- I read a Deadline article that stated 9-1-1 along with a bunch of other shows will go back to writing on Monday. This is the first time I've felt even an ounce of dread during pre-production because so far there has been no reports of the show getting a new Showrunner and writers. Which means the show is stuck with the current ones and the quality in the seventh season will probably be just as bad as the fifth and sixth seasons, if not worst. I still can't get over how bad the writing was for the sixth season. I don't feel as pained as Henrietta "Hen" Wilson and Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz look in the picture below but I don't really have a lot of hope the writting will improve unless there's news about a change behind the scenes.

I highly doubt the writers will write out those bland and boring last minute lackluster love interest they saddled Evan "Buck" Buckley and Eddie with. Although, it would be real easy to do. Unfortuantely, I bet we'll probably see even more of them despite those characters having no chemistry with Eddie and Buck. And not to mention the Showrunner and writers will try to force those bland love interest into as many unneccessary scenes and storylines just so they can continue to go out of their way in order to not put Buck and Eddie together. In my opinion (as well as a lot of other fans) Buck and Eddie have been written to be each other's perfect love interest. I guess we'll see how the new season will turn out.

(9-1-1 season 6 episode 18: Pay It Forward)

No comments: