Friday, September 29, 2023

Quote: Rory Gilmore and Paris Geller

Rory: What do you mean, she [Nanny] finally got Doyle to sleep?

Paris: He's here. He's sick, so Nanny's taking care of him.

Rory: Why aren't you doing it?

Paris: Sick people freak me out.

Rory: You're Pre-Med!

Paris: I'm really tired of having that constantly thrown in my face.

~ Lorelai "Rory" Gilmore and Paris Geller, Gilmore Girls season 5 episode 19: But I'm a Gilmore!

Paris always had this attitude that she was so much smarter and better than everyone especially while she was in high school. But throughout the series, it's been shown that she is not good at a lot of things. Such as in the sixth season when she was Editor of the Yale Daily News student newspaper. She did such a terrible job at it that she ended up getting voted out by the other students on the paper.

Which is why I find it interesting that despite being Pre-Med, she was having a difficult time dealing with the fact that her boyfriend Doyle McMaster was sick. And I still can't believe she called in her former Nanny to help take care of him because she couldn't (and wouldn't). Prior to the revival, I thought Paris would have gone into Medical Research or some area in medicine where she doesn't have to be in contact with sick people. Especially since she has such an issue with it.

(Gilmore Girls season 5 episode 19: But I'm a Gilmore!)

No comments: