Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Quote: Students and Mr. Johnson (Abbott Elementary)

Mr. Johnson: Kondo, you so crazy.

Girl Student: I am so bored.

Mr. Johnson: Oh, you're bored? Then write me a one-page essay due by the end of the day.

Boy Student: About what?

Mr. Johnson: Um, how about superheroes?

Girl Student: Can I just draw?

Mr. Johnson: Whatever it takes to keep you out of my hair.

Girl Student: Sir, you are bald.

~ Students and Mr. Johnson, Abbott Elementary season 1 episode 13: Zoo Balloon

I know it's been said plenty of times but Abbott Elementary is such a funny show. It's absolutely hilarious.

And since Mr. Johnson was reading in this scene, I figured I'd also count this as an unofficial Characters Reading post. While Mr. Johnson was supposed to be watching the students, he was reading Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life by Marie Kondo and Scott Sonenshein. This is the third book in the The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up series.

I've read Marie Kondo's first two books (and reviewed the second): The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing and Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up (The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up). I thought about reading this third book but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet.

(Abbott Elementary season 1 episode 13: Zoo Balloon)

No comments: