Sunday, April 21, 2024

Entertainment News #49: Cancelled Shows, S.W.A.T. and Book Adaptation



- It's disappointing to hear that CBS has cancelled So Help Me Todd and CSI: Vegas. I love watching So Help Me Todd it's just a fun and quirky mystery series. Although, I haven't been posting my What's On Tonight for Sunday (I will), I have been really enjoying watching CSI: Vegas. I don't understand why both of these shows are simply cancelled instead of just moving them over to Paramount Plus.

Both shows have fans and viewers that love these shows so why just outright cancel them. Instead of just relocating them which would continue to give the shows more time to gain more viewers. These are two good shows that I'm sad to see cancelled. Unrelated (or is it?) but I feel like with so many shows constantly being cancelled, this is one of the reasons so many viewers have been watching and rewatching old shows. Why get invested in new shows if these networks and streaming services won't allow them time to grow.




- Continuing with CBS, happy belated congratulations to S.W.A.T.. being renewed for an eighth season. I've been watching this show from the beginning and I'm so happy that it was renewed. S.W.A.T. has been through two cancellations but thankfully due to fans and viewers pushing back this series will be able to continue telling more stories. And the upcoming eighth season will have 22 episodes.




- Actor Elliot Page's Pageboy Productions is looking to adapt the sci-fi romance novel The Darkness Outside Us by Eliot Schrefer into a movie. I haven't read this book but it is on my To Buy List. Maybe I'll move it up the list, so I can read it soon. This is the first book in the series, the second, titled The Brightness Between Us will be published on October 1, 2024.


Book: The Darkness Outside Us by Eliot Schrefer

Description:

They Both Die at the End meets Gravity in this mind-bending sci-fi mystery and tender love story about two boys aboard a spaceship sent on a rescue mission, from two-time National Book Award finalist Eliot Schrefer. Stonewall Honor Award winner!

Two boys, alone in space. Sworn enemies sent on the same rescue mission.

Ambrose wakes up on the Coordinated Endeavor with no memory of a launch. There’s more that doesn’t add up: evidence indicates strangers have been on board, the ship’s operating system is voiced by his mother, and his handsome, brooding shipmate has barricaded himself away. But nothing will stop Ambrose from making his mission succeed—not when he’s rescuing his own sister.

In order to survive the ship’s secrets, Ambrose and Kodiak will need to work together and learn to trust each other . . . especially once they discover what they are truly up against. Love might be the only way to survive.

No comments: