Sunday, April 21, 2024

Most Memorable Scene: The Avatar Returns (Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix))

I'm usually not a big fan of live-action versions of animated shows and movies but I'm trying not to be stodgy or set in my ways because I just might miss out on something. Anyway, I'm really glad I gave the live-action version of Avatar: The Last Airbender a chance because it turned out to be a really good adaptation. I'm looking forward to seeing what they will do with the second and third seasons.

I like this scene from the first episode because although it's a different take on how Sokka and Katara found the ice bubble that held Avatar Aang. And how he was freed, in the animated series Katara hit the ice bubble with a weapon. While in the live action, I think it was due to her waterbending to try to get their boat. Either way, Katara was the reason he was freed from the ice, it was just a bit more dramatic in the animated series.

No comments: