Monday, September 9, 2024

Fandom Thoughts #6: Buck and Eddie (Battle of the Ships), The Mandalorian and Lana Lang (Smallville)


Happy Monday! Here are some of my Fandom Thoughts:

- Congratulations to 9-1-1 characters Edmundo "Eddie" Diaz and Evan "Buck" Buckley for winning first place in the Tell-Tale TV's Battle of the Ship. They won for the category Ship You'd Most Like to See Sail. I wrote more about Buck and Eddie's win in a post at Truly Outrageous Buck and Eddie.


- On Sunday, I rewatched the third season of The Mandalorian. I really love this show and it was so wonderful revisiting this season. I just love how the story was going for Din, Grogu and The Mandalorians. As well as seeing how the remnants of the Empire were still trying to hold on to power. This was just a good season and now I can't wait for The Mandalorian & Grogu movie which unfortunately will not be released until sometime in 2026.


- Over the weekend, I also rewatched a few episodes of Smallville. I was surprised that I found myself wondering if Lana Lang should of had a spinoff. Because as the series went on, her character seemed like it had outgrown the series. And you could tell the writers didn't know what to do with her character (the same thing with Chloe Sullivan who was not one of my favorite characters). Anyway, after Lana's final episode Requiem (season 8 episode 14), it would have been interesting following her character in a spinoff as she faced new challenges after she turned herself into a superhero.

I'm not a big fan of the Lana Lang character, there are very few versions of the character that I like. However, I like the Smallville version. Maybe I'll post my favorite (and possibly least favorite) versions of Lana in a separate post. Okay, back to what I was saying, I thought Lana's journey was something very interesting because I could see her using her new superpowers and abilities trying to help others. And not to mention Lana's superhero journey would be something very different to Clark Kent's who was at that point in the eighth season still in the process to becoming the superhero Superman we all know and love

No comments: