Monday, March 23, 2015

Reader Questions: Book series I stop reading

I was checking the blogs e-mail and found this reader question:


fictionalfluff asked: Are there any book series you stop reading and why?





Answer:

Thank you for asking this question.

Yes, the book series I stopped reading is the Hannah Swensen Mystery series by Joanne Fluke. Even though I thought book #16, Red Velvet Cupcake Murder was really predictable and a little boring I was still interested in reading the next book Blackberry Pie Murder. However, that's where the series lost the plot. There was barely a mystery in that book and all the characters were like caricatures and by then I was no longer interested in reading any more from this series. And book #18 is out right now and I have absolutely no desire to pick it up.

This series had started out good but those last few books started to go downhill real fast. Something that may surprise you is that I'm going to watch the Hallmark channel movie adaption of Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (book #1) premiering May 10th on the Hallmark Movies and Mystery channel.

So, the movie I'll watch but I'm so through with the book series.


If you have a question you would like to ask me, please e-mail me at: BookGirlLoveofReading@gmail.com.

No comments: