Sunday, March 20, 2016

Batman v Superman Day: Freebies, a Funko and a Magazine

Anyone else go to the Batman v Superman Day at Barnes & Noble yesterday? I manage to stop by my local B&N bookstore even if none of my friends wanted to go (they're not into comics). I decided to enter the trivia contest. There were five stations set up for Batman, Superman, Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne and Wonder Woman and all you had to do was answer three questions about the five subjects. I did pretty well, I only missed two questions. So, yes, even this geek doesn't have all the answers but I still had fun.

After taking the quiz, I signed up for a prize then I wandered around picking up a few freebies: a New 52 Justice League poster, a Superman/Batman comic, a Harley Quinn mask and a Batgirl mask.



Since the Batman v Superman section was starting to get crowded, I decided to walk over to the Funko area to look around. It must have been my lucky day because I spotted a Funko I've been trying to find for quite a while, Hawkeye from the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie. Isn't itty-bitty Hawkeye adorable?



Before I left the store, I decided to walk around and see if there was anything else I might find. My last stop was the magazine aisle and guess what I found the April issue of Glamour magazine with Gal Gadot on the cover. I was also surprised to find that there is an interview with Lynda Carter in the magazine (near the back of issue).


Well, not a bad early evening roaming the store. I wonder if Barnes & Noble will have something for Captain America: Civil War.

No comments: