Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Fashion Meets Comics: Martha Jones' Red Jacket


I had started out with the intentions of writing a Why I Admire Martha Jones or a post of that nature but I will save that for another time. Dr. Martha Jones is an awesome and amazing character, she's smart, self-reliant and curious. She may have started out as a companion to the Doctor during the third season of Doctor Who but she went on to do some amazing things including working with Captain Jack Harkness and his crew during the second season of Torchwood. For this Fashion Meets Comics post I wanted to focus on a rather signature fashion piece, her red jacket.

That red jacket, it's hard not to associate it with Martha. Throughout the third season, she could rarely be seen with out it. She even met Shakespeare wearing that jacket and not to mention traveled throughout time and space while wearing it. If that jacket could talk (which isn't totally impossible giving the show) it could write several books about her adventures.


While her jacket is most likely leather, I decided to take a different approach with it. I went with this red floral embossed moto jacket. It's interesting and unique and stands out which is how I see Martha Jones. I think this jacket is something that would look great no matter where or when a time traveling companion may end up.


Embossed Moto Jacket        $69.99 (sale, regular price $108.00)        Express (express.com)

No comments: