Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Wonder Woman Wednesday: My thoughts on why some fans thought Wonder Woman seemed "out of character" in WW84

Although, I wrote a review for Wonder Woman 1984, I had a few more thoughts. Prior to watching the movie, I made a point of avoiding spoilers or anyone's reaction about Wonder Woman 1984 until after I watched it. I didn't realize until now that the movie didn't connect with a lot of fans.

I was surprised that so many didn't like the movie and many thought Diana was out of character. In a way they were right in that regards because she was out of character but that was from her wish that was granted by the stone. It was causing Diana to seem a little selfish and not want to give up the one thing she has been longing for, for so long. Any wish the stone (and Maxwell Lord) granted seemed to make the recipient change on some level. While Diana was losing a little bit of herself and her powers, Dr. Barbara Minerva was losing her humanity in exchange of power. Meanwhile, Maxwell Lord was so focused on proving doubters wrong about him that the stone had fully corrupted him causing him to lose focus on the most important thing in his life. So it wasn't just Diana who "was out of character", it was that she and so many others were being corrupted by the stone.

Even though, I loved the movie, I know others didn't because not everyone will like the same thing. I just wanted to post my thoughts on why some fans thought Diana was out of character.

No comments: