Monday, February 28, 2022

Fashion Meets Fandom: Taylor Kelly (9-1-1)

It's 9-1-1 Mondays and I was inspired to create a Fashion Meets Fandom post for TV Reporter Taylor Kelly. I know Taylor is a much hated character by a lot of 9-1-1 fans (she's not exactly one of my favorite characters either) but I don't have to like a character to know they have great style. For instance, this is her second FMF post, click here for the first.

I like this outfit Taylor wore in the Ghost Stories episode. It was during the scene when she was at the hospital being a total pest trying to get information not only from Edgar, the man who had been shot and buried alive but also from Police Detective Lou Ransone.

(9-1-1 season 5 episode 7: Ghost Stories)

As a TV Reporter this outfit is chic and office appropriate and would look amazing on camera yet very comfy in case Taylor's spending hours reporting the news. It's a tweed blazer paired with a polka dot cami or tank top and dark wash skinny jeans. I like polka dots, they're classic and fun and paired with dark wash jeans and blazer it gives Taylor's outfit a feminine-meets-edgy feel.

(9-1-1 season 5 episode 7: Ghost Stories)

(Megan West and Sasha Roiz behind the scenes of 9-1-1 season 5 episode 7: Ghost Stories)

I really like this outfit, it's cute and sophisticated with an edgy and preppy feel. When putting together this look for Fashion Meets Fandom, I had a slight difficulty in finding a blazer that looks like the one Taylor is wearing. But I did find something that had a similar feel. The same goes for the the cami, I couldn't find one with polka dots, so I kept it simple by going without a print. I think the jacket I picked is a good statement piece that pairs perfectly with the cami and the dark wash skinny jeans which were easy to find. Put together this is a perfectly streamlined and chic look that's camera ready.


Jacket

NIC+ZOE Fringe Mix Jacket                               $198.00                                          Nordstrom (nordstrom.com)





Cami

Double V Cami                               $19.50                                          LOFT (loft.com)





Skinny Jeans

High Waisted Dark Wash Supersoft Skinny Jeans                           $40.00 (sale, regular price $80.00)                                        Express (express.com)

No comments: