Sunday, November 13, 2022

What are five underrated shows?

I've seen this question, what are five underrated shows? asked a lot and I figured I'd go ahead and answer it. There are more than five shows that I think are underrated and I'll probably write another list. But for now, here are five shows I think are underrated:

1. Beauty and the Beast (2012-2016   The CW)

I always felt like Beauty and the Beast was such an amazing show that had an interesting take on the old fairy tale but it was also one of the most underrated shows on The CW. And when it aired, I found it was barely promoted compared to how The CW promoted the channel's other shows. It was also a loosely based reboot of the 1980's Beauty and the Beast TV series.




2. Into the Badlands (2015-2019   AMC)

Into the Badlands was a really good show that only stayed on for three seasons before being cancelled by AMC. I feel like this show really flew under the radar but I noticed lately that the show has been gaining new fans.




3. Shadowhunters (2016-2019   Freeform)

Although Shadowhunters was popular within the show's fan base, it felt like it was very underrated outside of it. This was a good show that unfortunately was cancelled after three seasons by Freeform.




4. The original Degrassi series: The Kids of Degrassi Street (1979-1986  CBC), Degrassi Junior High (1987-1989  CBC) and Degrassi High (1989-1991  CBC)

These three shows are the beginning of the Degrassi series but they are often overlooked or unknown by fans especially newer ones who have only been introduced to the long running series by watching Degrassi: The Next Generation or Degrassi: Next Class. There is just this realness with the three original series that when you watch the shows it doesn't feel like your watching actors portraying scenes but real kids in real situations. I love finding and watching old shows and the older seasons of Degrassi are some of the best.



5. Jonas (2009-2010   Disney)

The Jonas TV series is one of those shows where I feel like I'm the only one who watched it when it originally aired. Which probably isn't too far off considering the show only stayed on for two seasons and was cancelled by Disney. I remember watching this show and I really liked it. The show was funny and surprisingly the Jonas brothers acting was good as well. However, the show didn't have a lot of viewers. I always felt like Jonas was underrated because it was a good show that no one was watching. Now that it's on Disney+ maybe the show will gain new fans.

No comments: