Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Entertainment News #25: School Spirits, Station 19 and The Flash Movie


- School Spirits has been renewed by Paramount Plus for a second season. I was surprised by how good the first season was. Not only were the writers able to pull off an intriguing murder mystery that truly had me captivated the entire time. Which is rare but they also created some interesting characters. I really can’t wait to see what's going to happen next season.






- Peter Paige will be the new co-Showrunner for the upcoming seventh season of the ABC series Station 19. Although Paige, who also became an Executive Producer for the sixth season of Station 19, is mostly know for his iconic role as Emmett Honeycutt on the original Queer as Folk TV series that aired on Showtime. He has written, directed, executive produced, etc. for several shows (he co-created The Fosters and Good Trouble) and movies (he co-wrote and directed The Thing about Harry). So, I guess the next season will be in capable hands.

Total side note, if Station 19 can get a new co-Showrunner then I hope 9-1-1 will get a new one as well for the upcoming 7th season now that the show has moved to ABC. That show is truly in desperate need of a new Showrunner.






- The Flash movie didn't fair well at the Box Office. According to reports, over the holiday weekend the the movie earned $55 million which is low for a blockbuster movie such as this. I do wonder if all Ezra Miller's off screen problems were the main reason why some moviegoers didn't go see this. Which is a big problem since he stars as the titular character.

And there's also the possibility that superhero fatigue might factor into the low numbers as well. Although, superhero/comic book movies have become mainstream, the average moviegoer is not a big comic book fan. So there maybe some fatigue setting in among that particular segment of the audience. As for me, I'm a DC Comics fan and I was interested in seeing The Flash but I've been so busy, I never got around to making it to the theatre.

No comments: