Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Quote: Nancy Gillian, Fundraiser Donor Guy and Mateo Chavez (9-1-1: Lone Star)

It's 9-1-1: Lone Star Tuesday. And I'm still surprised how Nancy Gillian and Mateo Chavez's relationship had totally grown on me. I went from feeling like "why are they together?" to they are quickly becoming one of my favorite couples. I just find them to be quirky, weird and adorable.

For the scene below, I wonder how much the Fundraiser Donor Guy was going to donate to the Stand Up to Cancer charity because Mateo's comment comparing the wine to reading books by Dostoyevsky really sold the guy into wanting to make a donation.

Nancy: Fun fact, this was actually donated by the oldest winery in the Hill Country.

Fundraiser Donor Guy: The Hill Country? But it's so nuanced, so mature.

Mateo: Familiar, yet unexpected. It's kinda like reading Dostoyevsky in the original Russian.

Fundraiser Donor Guy: Yes, exactly that. What did you say your name was?

Mateo: Mateo

Fundraiser Donor Guy: Mateo. Your palate is inspired. I'll be right back. My wife has my checkbook.

Nancy: Babe? You read Dostoyevsky? I love Dostoyevsky. How have we not discussed this?

Mateo: Oh, because I don't. I heard Cap say that last week while he was sipping Moscato. I thought it sounded good.

Nancy: Oh.

~ Nancy Gillian, Fundraiser Donor Guy and Mateo Chavez, 9-1-1: Lone Star season 4 episode 10: Sellouts

(gif credit: Antania  ayan-sukkhapisit)

(9-1-1: Lone Star season 4 episode 10: Sellouts)

No comments: