Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Most Memorable Scene: Ayesha and Sovereign Chambermaid (Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2)

This post credit scene between High Priestess Ayesha and Sovereign Chambermaid (I don't believe she had a name) from Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 is one of my favorite scenes. And that's because it had just the perfect amount of drama and suspense. It was the perfect set up for the third Guardians movie with teasing the creation of Adam Warlock. I guess, after Ayesha's failed attempt at destroying the Guardians in Vol. 2, she decided to create the ultimate weapon.

I always thought The Sovereign were interesting villains because they take being perfect to an extreme. I wish The Sovereign had gotten a miniseries on Disney+ because seeking perfection has to lead to some opposition. Because there have to be some people who don't want that or to be like everyone else. I don't know, I just think it would be interesting to see if there is some that rejected the idea of perfection.

Anyway, I just really like this scene. It's been a while since I've watched all three Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Maybe I'll watch the trilogy this weekend.

No comments: