Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Photo: Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman (Entertainment Weekly)

I remember how excited fans were for the movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Especially when this picture of the characters: Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman from the movie were on the cover of Entertainment Weekly's July 2015 Special Comic-Con Double issue.

I'll be honest I wasn't that thrilled about seeing Batman v Superman especially after my disappointment after watching the movie Man of Steel. And not to mention the trailer for Batman v Superman didn't really sell me, however the teaser trailer initially did. Yet, there was something about this movie I was still excited to see and that was Wonder Woman. This was going to be the character's first appearance in a big screen live-action movie. And I couldn't wait to see it. But once I did, yeah, it was not the best.

Fans had been waiting for years to finally see these three characters on the big screen together. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice should have been The Superhero movie instead all that potential was wasted. I will say the theatrical version of this movie had moments where it was good but it felt like they were trying to do too much in one movie. And edited out things that should have been included which is why I prefer the extended version of the movie. It's much better even though there is still too much happening but this version added more to the story. Anyway, I still love this cover photo from the magazine, I found the textless version to post.

Photography: Clay Enos for Entertainment Weekly Special Comic-Con Double issue (July 10th and 17th 2015)

No comments: