Friday, October 11, 2024

Fandom Friday: Random Fandom Thoughts #44: Superman & Lois, Abbott Elementary and Rescue: Hi-Surf


Happy Friday! Here are a few fandom thoughts that have been on my mind:

- The first two episodes of the fourth season of Superman & Lois are so heartbreaking but oh so good. Lois Lane and her sons Jordan and Jonathan are trying to deal with the death of Superman/Clark Kent while also having to deal with a very vindicative Lex Luthor who is the reason why Superman is dead. I think at some point grief is going to hit Lois hard because right now she's trying to hold it all together but sooner or later she's going to be dealing with it.

I thought Jordan had a good idea of looking for their dad's heart but his twin brother Jon was right that Lex had set a trap. But my thought is that Lex didn't stomp on Clark's heart that was some kind of decoy heart. I believe Clark's heart was in that briefcase or whatever that case or container was that Lex was looking at before Amanda McCoy arrived at Lex's house. I could be wrong but it just seemed too easy to destroy a Krytopian's heart. I guess I'll see how the rest of this final season goes but I think they will get Clark's heart back to be able to revive him.



- I loved seeing the montage of all the cute and adorable dates Janine Teague and Gregory Eddie went on the Abbott Elementary fourth season premiere episode. And the dates they were planning, it's just so cute. I hope we get to see more of their dates as the season continues. I can't wait to see how their relationship will grow and develop further because right now they are still in the early stages. I'm sure they will have a few issues along the way but for now they are sweet and happy getting to know each other.



- I really like Rescue: Hi-Surf and I'm trying to figure when Captain Harlan "Sonny" Jennings is going to get help for his grief. It's getting worse and he truly needs to talk with a therapist about it. I think Emily "Em" Wright and Will Ready (I believe that's his last name) have really good chemistry. And I'm sure at some point they will get together. Which is why I can't see Will getting married to his fiance Julie (I think that's her name). Because what little of their relationship that's been show, I don't see them working out.

No comments: